Thursday 17 May 2007

#4 - The Sun Hasn't Set On This Boy Yet by Nils Lofgren

Recently I've been getting itchy fingers and have been quite fancying playing a bit of music again. When I came across an advert from a band wanting a piano player I applied. They sent me some demos which sounded good and I could hear some spaces into which my clumsy playing could fit. Negotiations commenced and they seemed nice guys but we eventually reached an amicable agreement that it would not work out as my advanced years would not sit easily with the demographic of their audience.

A look in the mirror was enough to tell me they were probably right but how I was deflated.

Sometimes favourite songs are there for when you need them, to cheer you up, to calm you down or, as in this case, to rebuild the broken down ruins that were once your confidence.

Sing it for me Nils...

Listen: The Sun Hasn't Set On This Boy Yet - Nils Lofgren

No comments: